Monday, November 24, 2014

My Favorite Books of 2014

At the beginning of the year I had major problems with my computer
which eventually led to having everything wiped off and the system
reinstalled (Geek Squad to the rescue--even though we had already paid
for another online techno service!)

I really worked hard at getting the issues resolved, but when one
solution after another did not work, I found myself avoiding my office
and soothing my frustrations by doing a lot of reading. I had received a
Kindle Fire for Christmas and found I could keep up with my emails on
that, as well as have access to thousands of e-books through our library
system. Wow, I love my Kindle!
  
I read some wonderful books and wanted to share the titles of
some of my very favorites, in no particular order.

My Notorious Life, by Kate Manning

Remarkable Creatures, by Tracy Chevalier

The Daring Ladies of Lowell, by Kate Alcott

The Orphan Train, Christina Baker Kline

The Girl You Left Behind, by Jojo Moyes

Mrs. Lincoln's Rival, by Jennifer Chiverini

The Husband's Secret, by Liane Moriarty

The Hypnotist's Love Story, by Liane Moriarty

The Language of Flowers, by Vanessa Diffenbaugh

Philomena, by Martin Sixsmith

The Paris Architect, by Charles Belfoure

Pavilion of Women, by Pearl Buck

The Forgotten Seamstress, by Liz Tronow

The Madonnas of Leningrad, by Debra Dean


WORST BOOK I READ THIS YEAR:
Pulizer Prize-Winning...
The Goldfinch, by Donna Tartt

You either loved it or you hated it!

Do you have a favorite?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...