Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Grapevine Fall Wreath


With Thanksgiving being tomorrow, I realized this is the last day I
can officially write a fall post. While Christmas has been in the stores
since Halloween, I refuse to give in, though I did purchase a lovely
real garland at Trader Joe's today for only $6.99 that already adorns
our mantel.    

This is the one and only fall wreath I made for the church boutique
that I participated in two weeks ago. It sold fairly quickly and was
easy to put together, so I might make another one for next year.
I don't make more than one or two of any type of wreath. I get bored
making the same thing, plus you never know what will sell. They like
knowing they have one-of-a kind.

I don't think people are buying  as many wreaths as in the past, so I
am going to come up with some new ideas for next year if I decide to
participate again.


 I try to find my wreaths at Goodwill (half price Sat.)
even if they are filled with ugly stuff. What I am looking
for is a nice round shape and one that is not dried out.
My hot glue gun is my adhesive of choice.
I wouldn't be without one, even if I wasn't a crafter.
They are less than $5 at Hobby Lobby and can be
used for so many fix-it projects around the house.

This is about as traditional as I get--my other wreaths
are more non-traditional. I will show you some of them
 in December.

It you need to know How to Make a Perfect Bow
like this one,
go here
Ann Sutton has a wonderful blog.

Wishing you and your family
a wonderful Thanksgiving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...