Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Vintage Book Wreath

Last year I made a few book page wreaths for the fall boutique and
since they sold right away, I decided to try them again this year.
Here's one I made over the week-end using a grapevine wreath.

 
 
 I started with a book from Goodwill, published
in 1942. It was the story of Christopher Columbus
and has some interesting maps in it that I plan
to use in another craft done the road.
The pages had a nice yellow tint but were not brittle.
 
I cut them in squares, about 5-3/4 inches.
Then I took a pencil with an eraser, put that
end in the middle of the square and pinched the
 paper up around it. Then I put hot glue around the outside and
pushed the piece down into the grapevine wreath.  
 
I think it's my best one yet!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...