Monday, August 12, 2013

How To Store Cilantro So It Stays Fresh

When the check-out lady at our supermarket saw that I was
purchasing cilantro a few weeks ago, she shared her method
of storing it that makes it last longer in her refrigerator than
any other way she has ever tried.

If you are like me, I often forget about it and it turns into a
soggy mess before I have a chance to use it all. So I gave her
a suggestion a try and my bunch, which has been in the frig for
two weeks now, looks as fresh as when I bought it.

  Cut off the very ends of the stems. Store it in a plastic container 
(she used one from cottage cheese) with the stems submerged 
in water.

Set the container in a plastic bag (why not the one you 
brought home from the store in)
 and tied it loosely at the top with a twist tie.
Put it in the frig and replace the water if necessary. 

Now find some other good recipes that call for cilantro.
How about Mexican?

This would also work with parsley and other fresh herbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...