Monday, August 26, 2013

Altered Bottle

I was in a store called Tuesday Morning the other day and picked up a
package of "Frenchy" cocktail napkins entitled "Springtime in Paris."
I'll actually be there in a number of days!! So I took the napkins and
pulled the three plies apart, working only with the tissue-thin top sheet
that I tore into pieces. Using matte Modge Podge, I covered a bottle that
I had, starting at the bottom. It was one of those bottle that used to have
discolored herbs, lemon rind, and peppers stuffed in it, sitting on my
kitchen counter, gathering dust. (I emptied all that gunk out long ago.)



When I was using this technique years ago, 
we called it decoupaging with napkins. I guess altered
bottles does sound a lot more trendy, doesn't it?
 
I used some silk flowers and feathers to embellish the
front, and pink twine that matched perfectly for the
neck.
 
 
Did you know--
 
Upon the German occupation of France in 1940, the French cut the lift cables
of the Eiffel Tower so that
Adolph Hitler would have to climb the steps if he wanted to reach the top.
He chose to stay on the ground.
It is said that Hitler conquered France, but he did not conquer
the Eiffel Tower.

My fascination with the Eiffel Tower continues!
It's something rather recent that I really can't explain.
But I do have French heritage on my father's side of the family.
Maybe that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...