Monday, July 29, 2013

Strawberry Shortcake Dessert

I'm back in action! We returned to our summer home for a few weeks
and once again I found myself without my USP cord to load pictures
from my camera onto this computer. And what is a post without
pictures? Nothing! So I had to get to the trusty Radio Shack to get a
replacement. Thank goodness there is one here! 

I made this yummy dessert a few weeks ago for a dinner party and it
was a big hit. I highly recommend that you MAKE IT THE DAY BEFORE!
It was actually much better after the cake layer was a little softer and it
was very cold. And really, isn't that a good thing, because that's one less thing
to do on the day of the party?

Strawberry Shortcake Dessert

1 white cake mix--make according to package directions in a sheet cake pan
8 oz. cream cheese (I used light)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 large container Cool Whip (I used light)
Strawberry pie glaze (found in the produce section, I used Marzetti brand)
4 cups fresh strawberries--cut in halves

After the cake has cooled, cut so that it will fit in a 9 x 13 pan. Save the remaining 
pieces for another use. Mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar until fluffy and
well blended. Fold in a generous cup of Cool Whip. Spread this mixture over the
cooled cake. Add the strawberry glaze to the strawberries and spoon over the 
cream cheese mixture. REFRIGERATE OVERNIGHT. Serve each piece with a
dollop of Cool Whip. 

So easy and refreshing! You know that I only pass on really good recipes!

This recipe has been adapted from the Strawberry Shortcake Dessert from The Mother Huddle.

Other Strawberry Recipes found here at AS The Card Rack Turns:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...