Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I'm Going to Paris!

In September we are going to London to see our daughter-in-law
graduate from her international MBA program. While there, my only
request was to take the train to Paris--a city I have always wanted to
see! Although my sweet husband had no interest, he is taking me
anyway! I am especially intrigued with the Eiffel Tower and can't
wait to see it! I am really into French-inspired crafts at the moment
too and will be sharing some of them with you soon. 

Today I had a wonderful surprise when a dear friend came by with
an awesome gift for my trip.


Pam is a very talented seamstress and makes
these lovely bags.
The appliqued Eiffel Tower on the pocket is
made with the Tim Holtz die that cuts
fabric as well as paper.
She used black and white pin dots for it as
well as for the lining.
There is even another nice big pocket on the inside.
 
I hope you can make out the Eiffel Towers on the fabric.
 
Hmm, I wonder what this bag will be filled with on the way
back to London?
I know for sure there will be a French newspaper
and/or magazine.
I love French script--can't get enough of it!

6 comments:

  1. How exciting!! Love that bag --bring lots of fun PARIS goodies back in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful!!! My favourite City in the whole world!
    I have to wait until next April before I can go again :-(

    I will send you an interesting link to a Blog I follow .....
    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have sent you an email with the link.

    Christine aka Bishopsmate

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very exciting!!!! You'll have the perfect little bag for you trip too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Très joli sac !
    Vous allez adorer Paris !
    Mais faites très attention aux pickpockets qui sont souvent des enfants...
    Bonne journée !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna,
    My French is a little rusty but I think I get the idea--beware of pickpockets! I'll keep it in mind and won't carry anything valuable in this bag. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...