Saturday, July 20, 2013

Choosing a Back-Up Hand When Playing Mah Jongg




Once you get comfortable with the game, it is very important to be
able to have a second hand in mind if your original hand does not
work out. This may be the case if you are not drawing the tiles you
need, they are not being discarded, or you see that someone else is
using them for her hand also. Or perhaps the tiles you need are being
discarded but you cannot pick hem up! The sooner you realize that you
must ditch this hand and have to make a switch the better off you will be!

If I am working on a hand using one suit, I ALWAYS save the matching
dragons, even if my original hand does not use them. The reason I say this
is because my back-up, or "go-to" hand often turns out to be FFFF11112222DD,
especially if I am trying to do one of the consecutive hands, either 1-5, or 5-9
and it is just not coming together. This hand is a strong possibility if I also start
drawing flowers instead of the numbers I need, and I have not given away
my flowers in the Charleston as I (and the pros) strongly recommend HERE.
Remember, too, that I can use jokers everywhere except for the pair of
matching dragons.

Do you have a favorite "go-to" hand?"

 
Happy Clicking!

If you know of anyone in the Phoenix area who is interested in learning to
play Mah Jongg, please have them contact me at
2realtors@cox.net.






  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...