Monday, July 1, 2013

A Garden Wreath

Can you believe that the first half of 2013 is already over? Here we
are starting July. It will be Christmas before we know it, or shouldn't
I mention that quite yet?

I've been busy making non-traditional wreaths for the boutique that
I will be participating in around the second week-end in November.
Although many of my wreaths will be holiday-related, I am making a
few that can be displayed at other times of the year. I am hoping that
people will not just be looking for holiday items! I have seen a few
made with garden hoses on Pinterest, and I decided to try my hand at
one.Mine is a variation--I am happy to say it did not turn out exactly like
 the ones I used for inspiration. Here's my version:

I started with an inexpensive garden hose from Walmart.
I untied the long wire ties holding it together and kept
working with it until I got it the shape that I wanted.
I only wanted a few nicely shaped circles, and I
wanted the two ends to end up opposite each other.
It took a little doing until I got it where I was
happy with the shape.
Then I re-used the wire ties to hold it together.
All the flowers and the pair of garden gloves were
purchased at the dollar store earlier in the spring when the
selection was good.
I am pretty picky about buying inexpensive "silk"
flowers. I only buy the ones that do not look cheesy!
I was able to stick most of flowers under the wire ties
that were holding the hose together and added some
hot glue too.
The wire burlap ribbon was made into a big bow that I 
added in the middle.
See those two little red spots on the loops of the bow,
one on the left and one on the right?
Those are ladybug clothespins to go with the ladybugs
on the garden gloves.
They match perfectly!

And there you have it...

10 comments:

  1. Hi Donna! As a gardener, I would love to have a wreath like that! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a neat idea for a wreath for a gardener. I am going to have to pin this and remember to make one for my mom who is an avid gardener - it would look great on her old outhouse she uses for a tool shed or her old barn wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seent hese on pinterest before, and I must say that you did an awesome job! I also love your color choices! I totally know what you mean about Dollar Tree flowers. I am super picky myself, but you can find great ones if you show up on the right day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out darling! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw this wreath on a link post and had to come back to tell you how adorable it is! Just became a follower on GFC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna! It turned out great!! Thank you for sharing. You will be one of the features today at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Pop on over and grab a feature button for your blog. Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling wreath! I am a gardener too-just pinned it!
    Warm Hugs,
    jemma

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute I can hardly stand it. During house warmings or wedding showers, the Men are often left out. So This would be an awesome twist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So Adorable! Is the garden hose shortened?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, that was the original length. I made it quite a while ago so I can't tell you how long it was, but I remember I paid $7 for it at Walmart. You just have to play around with it until it looks right.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...