Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Dragging Out Old Stamps

When I first became interested in rubber stamping, about 10 years ago,
I really went bonkers and wanted to buy them ALL! Neeedless to say,
now I have waaaay too many stamps, many of which have never been
touched by ink. I'm on a purging streak and and am happy that my niece
will be able to use some of them. I told her there will be more to come
in the fall--I just scratched the surface! What she didn't want in that round
is going to Goodwill. (gasp!) I think I can do it.

I love my stamps, but I just can't keep them all, and my tastes have changed.
I also do a lot of other crafts now, so I don't make as many cards as I
used to. I still make all the cards that I send out though--I just don't keep
a big inventory anymore. I don't dare let myself look at a new Stampin'Up
catalog, because I know that I would want to place a (big) order. Love them,
Papertrey, and Hero Arts--several others too, but those come to mind first.
Oh, and how could I forget Penny Black. I don't use the ones you have to color
in, as I refused to get sucked into the Copic scene,  but I love the solid images.

Here's a card I made with an oldie stamps that I have never used before:

 
You've seen the main image by Rubber Romance
 
I thought the sentiment was appropriate--
Let's Do Lunch--
by G-Rated Rubberstamps.
 
I am certain they are not in business anymore.
It says 1995-2001 on the side of the stamp.
 
 
What is your favorite stamp company?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...