Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes

One of our sweet guests was having her birthday on Easter Sunday,
so I wanted to make her something special, along with the desserts
that were being brought that day. I searched for a strawberry recipe
since I had extra from the fruit salad I was also making.

Lady Behind the Curtain  came to my rescue with her
You can find her recipe by clicking on the link. I halved the recipe
and still made about 20 cupcakes.

The inside is a dense sweet pound cake texture.
It didn't look like the butter was going to work into the batter,
but I kept adding the dry ingredients and it eventually did.
 
Do NOT fill the liners any more than 1/2 way as recommended in the recipe.
 
After they were baked and thoroughly cooled,
I carved out the middle to make room for the strawberry.
It's ok if it sticks up a little over the top of the cupcake, but you
can always trim it down too. 
 
NOTE: I made the cupcakes on Saturday and refrigerated them.
The recipe said that they could be frosted the day ahead also,
but I chose to make up the frosting on Saturday and then
frost a few hours prior to guests arriving on Sunday.
 
I found that the whipping cream did not hold up even though there
was cream cheese in it. So next time I would not make the frosting a
day ahead.
 
 
If you would like to make this cute
cupcake stand and other berrylicious
party accessories such as bag labels,
invitations, and boxes, goes to
 
Two other strawberry posts:
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I especially love seeing pictures of your poppies. sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I especially love seeing pictures of your poppies. sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...