Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Burlap Wreath

You know those cheesy tinsel wreaths that they sell in the dollar store
at Christmas? I took all the tinsel off and used the frame to make this
burlap wreath.



I cannot take credit for this idea and as soon as I find the source
again I will gladly give that crafter recognition!
 
I took a burlap strip that was 4" wide and looped it in and out
between the wires of the frame.
I had to manipulate the loops quite a bit to get the look I
wanted and to make sure that all of the wire was covered up.
Burlap is messy to work with so you can always expect to find "stuff"
flying around for quite a while. 
 
The flowers are made from the ribbing of a sweater that I
picked up at Goodwill, I am thinking that the middle one looks
a bit large. I tried to see about replacing it but it is 
glued down really tight with hot glue!
What do you think?
 
You can't see it in the picture very well but there are silk leaves 
with the flowers too.
I used a few glass stones throughout the piece to fill in a few spots.
 
And there you have it.

Linking to these parties:




Linking up to these parties:
 

5 comments:

  1. Looks so pretty! I found you at the DIY Dreamer party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - looks great!

    I would love for you to link up at the Empty Your Archive link party - we've got a special feature this week on wreaths, Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hermoso tu blog...preciosa la corona de arpillera!! =)
    Saludos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, this is a beautiful transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi - just to let you know that I have included you in my Wonderful Wreaths Round-up, thanks so much for sharing at the Empty Your Archive party, Alice x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...