Saturday, March 9, 2013

Lemon Coconut Bars

 
 
 
This recipe is a keeper!
 
It is easy!
It is delicious!
It turned out perfectly the first time I made
it just by following the directions!
 
That makes it a keeper in my book!
 
Ingredients:
 
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I used King Arthur)
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
3/4 cup cold butter or margarine (I used butter)
4 eggs
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice (I used fresh)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup flaked coconut
 
Directions:
 
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9 x 13 x 2  inch pan with parchment
paper. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
 
2.  In a bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in the butter until
crumbly.  (I used my food processor and pulsed in the butter until thoroughly
combined.)  It does not make a dough ball,  just crumbly. 
 
3.  Press this mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
 
4.  Meanwhile, in  mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and baking
powder until well mixed. Pour over warm crust; sprinkle coconut evenly over the
top. The coconut will not sink. 
 
5.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. (20 minutes for mine--
it was just starting to show signs of golden brown)
 
6.  Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
 
adapted from allrecipes and seen on My Baking Addiction

 
 


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...