Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Bonjour

I really have a fetish for anything  French these days. I am drawn to the
French-inspired crafts that I am seeing all over blogland-- anything with
French script is really popular. One of the book page pumpkins I made
last year for the boutique was created from a French dictionary that I
found for a dollar in a thrift store. When the lady realized that, she
bought it instantly.I'm sorry I don't have a picture of it to show you, but
it was similar to THIS one.  I keep looking for more French dictionaries,
but I have never found one since!

This stamp has always reminded me of a street you might see in France,
so I pulled it out when I was playing with these watercolor backgrounds
that I created the other day.


 
I tore the edges and added an old sentiment by Rubber Romance.
A black card base seemed to be the only right color,
and then a little (divine) Baker's twine to finish
it off.
 
"The communicating of  a
man's self to his friend works two
contrary effects; for it redoubleth
joys, and cutteth griefs in half."
--Aristotle

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Donna, what a beautiful image and pretty tearing technique...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...