Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Creating Your Own Background--An Easy Technique

You're getting an extra large view of today's card because anything
smaller looks really washed out!
 
Now I really like to use designer paper for the background on
my cards, such as HERE, HERE, and HERE.
 
The professionals can do such a better job of it than I can.
Why cover it up?--is my philosophy. 
 
But occasionally I like to give it a go on my own. 
I created this background on watercolor paper by swiping a few
dye ink pads over an acrylic block. You know, the kind that you
use with clear stamps.
Then I spritzed it with water and pressed it onto the paper.
If I wanted to make the colors run together even more,
I gave the paper a few spritzes and tilted it.
 
You never know what you are going to end up with!
It's very fun.
I may have to try it more often.
It's an easy technique that requires no skill!
 
Let the paper dry completely before going on to the next step.
 
I used the Penny Black music stamp (F-62)
and stamped it in black archival ink.
I applied pressure and then let it set there for a few seconds 
 since the paper is somewhat textured.
I wanted to get a good,, clear image.
 
The black strip is glossy and embossed with the
Quick Kutz Polka and Dots embossing folder.
 
The sentiment is from Mini Mates, a very old Stampin' Up
set, with some Rubber Stampede musical notes behind it.
 
And of course just a little bling, my favorite embellishment.
 
And there you have it for today.
 
Thanks very much for visiting!.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...