Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Sympathy Card

I'm out of practice making cards and it shows! I tried to make this card
last night and it took me forever! Part of the problem is that I need
better light and a higher chair at my work space, which is very small. It
always seems to be something. So I was working at the kitchen table
which is not ideal. When will I ever get organized?


 
The technique for making this card is simple.
 
1. Cut each of the three colored papers you chose
4-1/4 x 5-1/2.
2. Stamp the background sramp on each one, using
Versamark. Don't forget to use the embossing
buddy first to avoid unwanted specks of powder.
3. Emboss with clear embossing powder.
4. Trim them down about 1/8 inch on on the right
and the left sides. The top and bottom can wait.
5. Now that you have the proper width for a 4-1/4
inch card base, cut each in three equal strips.
6. Mount on a piece of white cardstock, using
one strip of each color. Line up the images.
Leave about 1/8 inch space between the strips.
7. Now you can run the top and bottom through your
cutter to get a nice even edge.
8. Sponge the edges..
9.  Mount this piece on the card base.
10. Make the sentiment strip and add it to the bottom.
 
You actually end up with enough strips for three cards!
 
And there you have it.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you're out of practice at all - this is just gorgeous!!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...