Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Saturday Card

This Basic Grey paper just called for making
a square card.
As usual, it is too pretty to cover up with
layers of other paper.
 
 
I cut around the branch and tucked the striped
paper underneath it.
 
 
Since I had to make the card 5-3/4 x 5-3/4, I came
up 1/2 inch short when I folded it in half.
(5-3/4 x 2 = 11-1/2).
My paper was only 11 inches long.
So to add 1/2 inch to the inside bottom, I made a
colored border out of coordinating paper,
 using one of my favorite punches.
 
I added a SU sentiment with Adirondack Expresso,
and punched it out using a SU punch.
Love a sentiment that's good for any occasion, don't you?
 
A little Baker's twine finished it off.
Storing my twine in powdered sugar glass jars like you
 see on the right sidebar has worked out great for me.
You can fit 4-5 colors in one jar easily.
 
 
Here's my new tip!
 
Avery Glue Stick does not leave wrinkles in
your paper, and it adheres well, although you might have
 to swipe the paper twice.
You do have a little time to move the paper around to get
it into the right position.
 
I found this BIG tube at the 99 Cent Store!
 
Have a great week-end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...