Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Book Page Wreath with Lavender


Happy New Year to you and yours. I had a wonderful vacation with family
over the holidays and am just getting over a cold. Thus, I have been a little
slow in getting back into the swing of things.

I was going through some of the picture files on my computer and came
across the book page wreath that I made for the church boutique in November.
I actually donated it for the raffle rather than selling it and heard that it received
a lot of positive comments. So I may make one to sell this next year.

 

 
 
My inspiration in creating my book page wreath
was the excellent tutorial that
I found on Jones Design Company and can be
viewed HERE. 
 
Of course there were some variations, like using
gray paint on the edges of the pages.
 
 
There are many ways that the pages can be folded.
This is a close-up of how I folded mine.
The important thing to remember is that you
do not want creases in the folds or the edges bent. 
 
And then I chose to put small clusters of
lavender throughout the wreath.
 
I was pleased with what they added to the book page wreath.
 No to mention that the scent was divine!
 
I think it is a wreath that can be used throughout the year.
 
I hope that the 2013 has started out to be a
great year for you
and will continue that way! 
 
I'm taking this to the following parties:
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Love the wreath! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for linking up your gorgeous wreath! I appreciate you linking back too!

    Have a wonderful week!

    Shelley

    www.piggyinpolkadots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so neat! What a wonderful idea!!! It looks great! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been featured!

    http://piggyinpolkadots.blogspot.com/2013/01/party-in-polka-dots-link-party-6.html?spref=fb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...