Friday, January 25, 2013

A Book Recommendation

Happy Friday! Blogger has been causing me a lot of problems lately and
yesterday was the first day I was able to publish a new post all week even
though I have tried every day.

I still cannot access my pictures files so I am unable to bring you any images
from other sources. I hope they will have it fixed soon but there is no one-on-
one-customer service, so you just have to hope that someone there receives your
complaint, and hope for the best! Very frustrating!

I do have a very good book recommendation for you today!
Sorry, no craft project finished, just a few in the works.
 
 
The Thirteenth Tale, by Dianae Setterfield
 
From Amazon.com:

Reclusive author Vida Winter, famous for her collection of twelve enchanting stories, has spent the past six decades penning a series of alternate lives for herself. Now old and ailing, she is ready to reveal the truth about her extraordinary existence and the violent and tragic past she has kept secret for so long. Calling on Margaret Lea, a young biographer troubled by her own painful history, Vida disinters the life she meant to bury for good. Margaret is mesmerized by the author's tale of gothic strangeness -- featuring the beautiful and willful Isabelle, the feral twins Adeline and Emmeline, a ghost, a governess,a topiary garden and a devastating fire. Together, Margaret and Vida confront the ghosts that have haunted them while becoming, finally, transformed by the truth themselves.

In my opinion,
it's much better than it
sounds from this review.
 
So if you're not too thrilled by
the review,
think about reading it anyway!

Have a great week-end!




2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...