Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Book Page Scalloped Tree

I had some scraps from a book page snowman that I hope to show you as
soon as I figure out his hat. But in the meantime I played with the scraps
one night in front of the TV and came up with this scalloped Christmas
tree.


The styrofoam form was one I found at the 99 Cent Store,
so I figured why not start with that. It was cheaper than
buying one at the craft store, and it already had the
star on top!
 
I sponged the edges of the scallops with green ink
and starting at the bottom, pinned them around the
form using straight pins. The first row hangs down
below the bottom edge.
 
When I got to the top. I had to work around the star,
but eventually got it looking pretty neat.
 
Then I decided to add some ecru lace that I had on hand.
I pinned that in placed with pearl pins that I colored red
with a red copic marker.
 
A glass candle holder, from a different dollar store, serves
as the tree base.

I shared this idea at these link parties this week:
Tip Junkie
Craftberry Bush
One Artsy Mama
 

5 comments:

Tammy said...

How cute! I love the tall skinny shape. I found your blog thru a link u from 4youwithlove blog, where you and I were featured. I thought she had a really fantastic idea, so I am making it a point to visit those blogs she featured and pay it forward by following them. Merry Christmas

~Kc Waddell said...

Really cute idea!

Lizzi's Creations said...

How cute is that! Thanks for stopping by my blog from 4youwithlove.

stephanne cuento said...

Great use of scraps...love it! I found you on 4youwithlove where I was featured too.

Amy R said...

This is really great idea! I found your project on 4youwithlove where I was also featured. Happy Holidays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...