Thursday, December 20, 2012

Are You Looking Forward To Checking Your Mailbox Today?

Do you send Christmas cards? I bet even if you don't, you still enjoy receiving
them. For many, it is the only time of the year that you hear from friends, or
maybe even family, although I hope not. What a pleasant surprise it is to receive
a greeting from someone that you have not heard from in years! Maybe they are
going to be n town soon and want to get together! There's nothing like
reconnecting with an old friend!

I made a few cards this year to send to out-of-town folks and need to still make a
few more. I'd better get busy so I can clean up this paper mess on my kitchen
table--time is running out!

 
The card base is glossy black so the insde is
white and I will not have to line it.
The paper was cut 4-1/4  x  11 folded in half.
 
The Cuttlebug folder is Snowflakes embossed
on a shimmery white--4-1/4  x 3-1/4.
It was lined with a cranberry paper cut 1/2 inch wider.
 
The vertical banner is made with cranberry 1-1/4 inch wide
and glossy silver 1-3/4 inch wide.
I put the two ends together and used a square punch
to create the V-shape end.
The strips were plenty long, so then I cut them to the length needed.
 
The Provocraft snowflake dye cut is made with the same
shimmery white paper and has a silver
sticker in the middle.
I wanted to use a flat embellishment so I
would not have to put on extra postage.
Our post office is pretty particular about that!
 
These next two handmade cards are ones that I
received from friends this week.
 
Aren't they lovely?
 
 
This is a Tin Holtz dye cut with beautiful detail. 
The two embellishments
really are wonderful added touches.
The dove is all glittery--I'm not sure what technique Pam used
to achieve the pretty look. 


I recognize the Stampin' Up deer that Vicki embossed and added
a pearl to his antlers.
That has always been one of my favorite Christmas stamps!
 
I think the designer paper used in the two corners is such a
clever idea!
I'm going to remember that for sure!
 
Are you looking forward to checking your mailbox today?
 
 
"Recall it as often as
you wish, a happy memory
never wears out."
--Libbie Fudim

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...