Saturday, September 22, 2012

How To Make Poached Pears


Pin It 
Poached Pears in Red Wine Sauce is a decadent dessert that
is easy to make! It calls for only a few ingredients, can be made at
the last minute, and has a big wow factor. What more can you ask
for!



To this add a scoop of vanilla ice cream
and serve immediately.

Here's how it's put together...

Use one Bosc pear per person.
Peel, leaving on the stem.
Place in a glass container.


Combine any red wine that you drink and 1 tablespoon sugar per pear.
(This was rather sweet and I think the sugar could be cut down.)
Add this liquid to the pears to the level that you see in the picture,
about where the pears widen out.You want plenty of sauce.
Cover the container with foil and bake at 350 for 2-1/2 hours.
The pears should be soft and the liquid bubbly.

You can put these in the oven while you are preparing the dinner.
Adjust time and temperature accordingly.

A shortbread cookie on the side would also be a nice addition!

Delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes they were! Thank you for including me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm sold! Gotta try this! I just found you through aka design, and am now following! I'd love you to visit and if you enjoy my blog, follow me back :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...