Friday, September 28, 2012

Book Page Pumpkin with a Twist

There have been a lot of Book Page Pumpkins featured again this
season on blogs, such as HERE and HERE. I wanted to try one, but
decided to take it one step further and decorate it for fall.


The tutorial for making the book can be found at either of
the two links mentioned above.
 
I used a real stick for the stem and wrapped it
with an old chain (dollar store) that had beads dangling from
it. Sorry you can't distinguish it in the picture.
 
Cattails, sunflowers, moss, and trailing ivy were
added with hot glue around the stem.
Fall leaves and acorns would be nice too!
 
Little did my daughter-in-law know
when she brought in the seed pod branch from our backyard
that it would end up on top of my pumpkin!    
 
Happy Fall!
 
 
Sharing my idea at:


9 comments:

Lisa said...

Ive seen these on Pinterest and other blogs and have been really wanting to make one. Just waitin on my daughters permission to cut up one of her books. haha.
But I have to say, The one you did, is the BEST! LOVE IT!.

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK for Grandparents & Caregivers said...

Oh how fun! I may have to add that to fall fun festivities with my grandkids this year. We shall see. We're definitely enjoying autumn bliss :) Have a lovely autumn-al week!

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK for Grandparents & Caregivers said...

Oh how fun! I may have to add that to fall fun festivities with my grandkids this year. We shall see. We're definitely enjoying autumn bliss :) Have a lovely autumn-al week!

debra said...

Yours is awesome!!! I have seen a few but yours has to top them all with the decorations as well.
Love it!

Connie said...

Love this! I'll have to go to a thrift store for an old book! Thanks for linking with me.

Ali said...

I'd never seen this before and think it looks amazing. I love how you've decorated it.
Ali x

Lisa/Fresh Eggs Daily Farm Girl said...

Gorgeous ! I found you on The DIY Dreamer. I will definitely be back, and hope I can persuade you to share this post and link up to my Blog Fest: http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/10/farm-girl-blog-fest-3.html I would love for you to join the party!

Diane said...

Very cute idea. I would love you to link up to my linky party on Tuesdays called The Gathering Spot. http://mamaldiane.com/the-gathering-spot-24/

Peggy Meckling said...

Love all the book cutting going on. Yours makes a lovely Fall display. I just found you through Debbiedoo's. I'm your newest follower and a newbie graduate. I'm hoping you'll follow me back at www.crazythriftycrafts.blogspot.com. Thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...