Monday, August 6, 2012

True Blue Friend

How was your week-end? Are you enjoying the Olympics as much as I am?

My husband is recovering from knee surgery he had last Wednesday so I have
 been playing nurse maid as well. It's not his knee that is bothering him so much
anymore as the rest of him, his back in particular, from being so out of whack and
not being able to find a comfortable position to lay or sit in. It's really inconvenient
getting old!

Today's card is one that I had started who know's when. I had the papers layered
onto the cardstock and the scalloped circle adhered on top. As I recall, there was
something wrong with the bottom of the blue card--perhaps wrinkled. So rather
than throw it away, I tore off the bad part and used this torn effect for the front.
So the blue you see is on the inside of the card. I don't know if there was a plan
after that! But I decided it was time to finish it off!

  
A saw this free digital sentiment on
Create with TLC last Saturday
at it stuck my fancy.

I thought it would work with these papers,
so I printed it off and colored in the
True Blue with a fine-tip Sharpie.

Since I didn't have the right color flowers,
here's how I solved that problem with
something I did have on hand.
Tip: Buy a cheap bunch of silk white flowers from the
dollar store. Use a marker to color them any color
you want.
(13 flowers for 99 cents is a bargain!)   

I used large glue dots to adhere the flowers,
and small ones to adhere the tiny buttons.

And there you have it!

By the way,
is my favorite site for digital art.
Pauline is very generous with
her freebies, but they eventually
go into her store, so grab them
while you can, and save them to
you computer, even if you don't use them
right away!

Shared at the Anything Blue Friday Party
on 5/3/2013




2 comments:

  1. What a great card...so glad it all came together so beautifully for you! I have several cards "in process" on my desk, I hope I finish them soon! I also hope your husband has a quick and full recovery rom his surgery. I love the idea of buying white flowers and coloring them in...you can really get a good deal on things like that at the dollar store! They turned out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great card, Thanks for showing us. I want to make my own cards but for some reason I just can't seem to make one that pleases me. I think I'll copy this one, maybe that will give me a jump start. How have you been?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...