Tuesday, May 15, 2012

You Made My Day

My son and daughter-in-law really went the extra mile this year to make
Mother's Day special for me and I wanted to send them a card to show
my appreciation. When I saw this sentiment on Create with TLC Happy Tuesday
I knew it would be just perfect. It just goes to show you that you don't need
stamps to make your own cards. Free digi stamps are all over the web and
this wonderful site is one great example of that.


I took 1/2" strips of paper scraps and adhered them
diagonally to a piece of cardstock.
I ran double-stick tape horizontally on the cardstock,
about four pieces, rather than having to adhere each strip individually.
Much easier!
When I knew the piece was large enough, I cut it down to
 5-1/2 x 2-1/4." By doing it this way, you are assured of
straight lines.

You have to look closely to see it, but I embossed the top and bottom of the
card base with a border embossing folder.



Then I adhered the colored piece in the middle.

I ran a piece of sheer lavender ribbon around the card twice for some
added interest, finishing in the front.
I printed the sentiment on my computer, then cut in out with a 
 Spellbinders Fancy Tags Three.
It seemed to have the same flourishes as on the embossing.

And there you have it!


"The ornament of a house
is the friends who frequent it."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 comments:

  1. I love this. Just wanted you to know I made Mothers Day cards for my mom and my mom-in-law! They loved them and I thought they turned out great! All thanks to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanda,
    I am so glad to hear that you have started making cards! I hope that you will get much pleasure out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card turned out beautifully....love the colors....
    Paulette,
    TlcCreations

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...