Thursday, May 3, 2012

Using a Stamp-a-ma-jig


Once I got the front of this card done, I realized that I was not going to
have room for the Mother's Day sentiment.
I had planned to put the daisy on the left side and the sentiment next to it,
but the stamp was longer than I had remembered. I could have eliminated the largest
layer of the flower and there would have been room for both,
 but I really wanted to bring in the orange,
so I resorted to Plan B.
Move the flower to the center, and stamp the sentiment on the inside.

Now--I should have stamped the inside first in case I messed it up,
but I forgot.  So after I finished the front, I really wanted to get
the inside right! 

I got out my handy dandy stamp-a-ma-jig to insure that the
sentiment was going to get on there straight.

I should use it every time--it really 
saves the frustration of stamping something crooked!

Here's a quick review of how it works:


  Put the stamp-a-ma-jig (SAMJ) in the corner, any corner, of
a plastic sheet or piece of glass. I am left-handed so the upper right
is the best corner for me.
Ink the stamp and squarely put it straight down in that same corner.
Use dye ink so that you can wash it off and re-use the plastic or glass.


Now that you have it stamped on the glass, place it on
your paper where you want it to be.



Put the SAMJ squarely back into that same corner.


Carefully pull the glass away and holding onto the SAMJ so it does not move,
place the inked stamp squarely back into that corner.
Press to leave a good impression.



If you follow these steps and have not moved anything,
you will end up with a perfectly aligned sentiment.


The flower is a Sizzix daisy die.


1 comment:

  1. Ah...the Stamp-a-ma-jig...the item I never pull out! Nice tut (but sadly I will probably still ignore that poor tool...giggle!). I have these papers and they go ignored too...ha! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...