Saturday, May 26, 2012

T-Shirt Necklace

There have been a lot of versions of T-shirt necklaces floating
around Pinterest for quite a while now and I finally got around
to making one. You might also think of them as a scarf, because
they actually do take the place of one. Either way, they can be
worn to dress up an outfit or tie two unrelated pieces of clothing
together so that you have a coordinated look.


1. I used a men's XL T-shirt without side seams. Lay it flat and cut off the bottom
hem, which you will not use.
2. Cut one inch horizontal strips. You do not have to be exact, though I took my time.
3. When I had seven strips, I took each one and stretched it as long as I could.
This will cause them to curl in a coil.
4. Double them over so now you have fourteen strands. I found this was the
thickness I liked. You can vary according to your preference.
5. You can either wear it as is, combine more than one color, or add a
flower or pin at the side, as I did.

The tutorial for the flower can be found HERE.

If you can't raid your husband's or son's closet for T-shirts, try Goodwill
on half price day. You can get two necklaces out of each T-shirt for $1.50.
And you still have the top part of the shirt to use for flowers!. I call that
frugal crafting, wouldn't you?

Are you into frugal? Crafting, grocery shopping, or any tip that you can
share with the rest of us? We'd love to hear from you!

Check out the party buttons on the sidebar to see where I am sharing
my T-shirt idea this week. .  

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, how cute is that?! I love the flower you added! I would love for you to link up to “It’s a Party” going on right now!
    www.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and clever idea. Pretty! Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea!!

    Morena
    http://morenascorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...