Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Tutorial--Evenly Punched Shapes in a Row

Yesterday I showed you a card where I punched four hearts in a horizontal row across the bottom of my card. If you missed it, you can find it HERE.

Today I have a similar one and I'm going to show you an easy way to get
evenly punched shapes in a row every time! 


First..
I punched out four white hearts and
positioned them on a piece of card stock. 
Once I had them just where I wanted them to be, I adhered them
with repositioning tape 


and punched them out, turning the punch over, as in the next picture.
That's so that I can see what I am doing, of course.
Now I have my pink template. It also measures 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches,
just like my card base.
Then...

I laid the template over the card base and paper clipped it in
place so it would not move around.
Turning the punch over again,
I punched through the cardstock.


Now I have perfectly aligned hearts, and I can use the template
over and over again!

On this card, I ran a piece of the pin dot paper on the inside 


so that it peeks through the hearts.

And there you have it--
Evenly Aligned Punched Shapes Every Time!

Have you noticed my new feature below--Link Within?
Click on them and it will take you back to some of my past posts you
might have missed!
Feel free to leave comments there also--I love hearing from you! 

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...