Sunday, April 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Miss Piggy

Yes, you read that right--today, April 1st, is Miss Piggy's birthday, and she doesn't want you to crack any jokes about it!  Now, I never paid much attention to Miss Piggy--that is until I got my March issue of Real Simple, my favorite magazine. Every month, towards the very front, there is a page entitled "Thoughts." 
This is what tickled my funny bone!


"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it may be necessary from
time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."

I was curious to see what else this witty diva had to say...


Only time can heal a broken heart, just as only time can heal
his broken arms and legs.

Many people think money is something to be set aside for a
rainy day. But honestly, how much money do you really need for a dozen
or so hours of inclement weather?

You have to be going to a pretty awful place if getting there is half the fun.


On the subject of exercise and diet:

The object of exercise is to achieve your beauty
asperations without perspiration.

I find a vigorous round of shopping
(at least one store an hour) is both
stimulating and refreshing.

Just because you are down in the mouth,
that is no reason not to eat. 

It is often said that cooking is an art, but I have had very
 few meals that I would hang on my wall. 



And we all know that the expression "moi" came from Miss Piggy...

There is no one on the planet to compare with moi.

Moi has always possessed a charm that is lethal to men.

As far as blind dates are concerned, moi does not discriminate.

Moi?

Now of course Miss Piggy is not revealing her age, but we do know that she
 made her first public appearance singing with Herb Alpert in 1974 on
his TV special. 

When The Muppet Show originated in 1976, she began as a chorus girl 
and quickly rose to stardom, becoming one of the lead characters.

She had two obsessions--her stardom and her love for Kermit the Frog.
Eventually Kermit returned her affections and they were married in
the film The Muppets Take Manhattan. 

  Miss Piggy's charisma has put her book The Guide to Life
on the New York Times Best Seller Lists and landed her on the cover
of numerous magazines. She is a movie star and made
many guest appearances on television programs.
She has her own Fan Club and is loved across the world!

All this because her father died and her mother had too many
piglets to care for, 
 so she decided to leave the farm and make it on her own.

The survival story of a strong female!  
(and that's probably more than you ever wanted to know!)

2 comments:

  1. Donna, I LOVE this post! I am a huge Miss Piggy fan and still get a kick out of her humor! I had Miss Piggy calendars every year when I was a girl and even had a Miss Piggy puppet! That is the one thing I wish I still had from my childhood (I think my mom donated it when I wasn't looking!) Thanks for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judy, for your lovely comment! It is so appreciated. Every one in a while I think of something I had as a child and wish I still had it, so I know what you mean.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...