Thursday, April 12, 2012

Friendship Isn't a Big Thing...

When it comes to a real friendship, I don't think there is a more fitting saying than
the one on this card. In doing some research, it seems that the author is unknown.

That is unfortunate, because although it is a simple sentiment, it is very profound,
and he or she desires to get credit for it, in my humble opinion!


I love this script by Penny Black--her stamps are so user-friendly.

The ginko is from a set of four leaf stamps by Hero Arts.
First I stamped it on a textured Bazzill card base for a background
in brown ink.
The card measures 5 x 6.
Tan layer is 4-1/4 x 5 with a black piece behind it cut 1/8 inch larger
on both sides.
Main piece is 3-3/4 x 4-1/2 with a black piece behind it cut 1/8 inch
larger on both sides.

The ginko leaf was inked directly with markers and stamped along
the left side--stamped 2nd and 3rd generation. (without re-inking.) 
Tip: Don't forget to huff on the stamp each time to create some moisture.  

Sheer ribbon from my stash used for accent and adhered to the back.

And there you have it!


2 comments:

  1. Super card! Beautiful ginko leaves, and I agree...your sentiment says it all about true friendship x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard this saying before, but I LOVE it!

    Love the ginko leaves too - still remember a ginko tree not far from our childhood home in Oak Park.

    Please keep up the great work with your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...