Friday, March 9, 2012

It's A Color Throwdown Challenge

Every week over at The Color Throwdown, an inspiration full of lovely colors is presented. The challenge is to use these colors on a card and link it to the party. This week's inspiration are the vibrant colors in this sweet pinchusion:


This is the first time I have entered a color throwdown, and it is
not as easy as one might think!
The Color Throwdown Designers each create a wonderful card to
get us started in the right direction, then the rest is up to us!

Here's my card:


First, I stamped one of my favorite go-to sentiments by Hero Arts
on the card stock in Adirondack Espresso.
I found matching ribbon in three of the colors and ran that around to the back. 
I cut a tag from a Sizzix die cut and using the opposite side of the same ribbon,
adhered them to the back side of the tag.
The Prima flower repeated the fourth color. 
I used dimensional tape to pop up the tag and added some bling.

What do you think--too much white space?
I'm not really in love with it but it will have to do for a Friday afternoon.

Freebie Friday
Are you ready for St. Patrick's Day?


Cupcake toppers @ Party Planning Center


Frame this subway art @ A Little About A Lot



Irish Prints @ Sweet Rose Studio







50 + printable projects @ How Does She

If you have not discovered this site yet,
you need to!
It is fabulous if you are a crafter! 

Have a wonderful week-end, my friends.

2 comments:

  1. Love your card! Great way to follow a color challenge too. And yes, all the white space is just fabulous! Great card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Donna, the tag and ribbon are a great idea...nice CAS card...love all the white.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...