Friday, February 3, 2012

Beer Bread

I have company this week until next Wednesday so my blogging is a little sporadic.

If you have never made Beer Bread, you are missing out on a very quick and easy recipe, and one that tastes yummy, straight out of the oven, or toasted.

We had spaghetti this week and I made this because I didn't have any garlic bread. I keep self-rising flour in my freezer since I don't use it very often. I won't even tell you how long it has been in there, but the bread still turned out great!


Beer Bread

3 cups self-rising flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 can (12 oz.) beer

Preheat oven to 350. Mix ingredients together and put into a greased loaf pan. The dough will be very dense, not runny. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Cool before slicing.

Now how's that for easy???
     Freebie Friday
    Valentine Wall Art
         eighteen23







Vintage Valentine's Day Freebies


In case I don't get back to you over the week-end,
I hope yours is wonderful!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, that's the only kind of bread I can make & I love it. So easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! So simple. I should try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria,
      I think you will be glad you did, especially when you need something in a pinch.
      How was your trip?

      Delete
  3. Sounds yummy! Any preference for the type of beer?

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No preference really. I've tried it with all kinds and the bread is always good.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...