Tuesday, January 10, 2012

White on White

Layering white on white can create a very effective card. It is one of my favorite looks and one I don't use enough. I chose it for a sympathy card that I needed to make.


SU Embossing Folder by Sizzix--Elegant Bouquet--3-3/4 x 4-1/2
with tiny punched flowers popped up on top of the embossed flowers
  Scalloped border--Fiskars punch
Textile embossed layer--4-1/8 x 5-3/8
Card base--4-1/4 x 5-1/2 
Half pearl embellishments
Stamp--My Sentiments Exactly
I used my stamp-a-ma-jig for the placement of the sentiment.


I pinned this affirmation on my Musings and Affirmations Pinboard today:



and it brought this conversation to mind...

The other day I was talking with a few friends about New Year's resolutions. One friend shared that instead of making a whole bunch of specific resolutions, she chooses a specific, meaningful word every year to focus on--practicing it, living it, reading about it--
using it in her daily life.
In the past she has chosen forgiveness, hope, faith, grace--
this year she had chosen peace.

I thought it was a wonderful idea
and decided to choose gratitude.

If you were going to choose one word, what would it be?
That is the question for the day!

Giveaway Giveaway Giveaway
To celebrate my one year anniversary of blogging (January 8),
I am giving away a
$25 Amazon gift card--
to be announced next Sunday, January 15.

You will have all week to leave a comment, (any comment)
which will enter you in the drawing.

For each comment you leave, on any post,
starting last Monday,
you will get an entry in the drawing.

If you leave a comment every day through Saturday,
your name will be entered
seven times in the drawing.

If you are an anonymous commenter,
please put your name in the comment
so I will know who you are!
I think that would be one without a google account.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great sentiment. I love your white on white card. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm focusing on the word endure this year. I'm in a very difficult phase of life having four children and I keep trying to remind myself that if I just endure, things will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How timely, I saw on Dr Oz yesterday that people who actually make New Year's resolutions are 30% more likely to succeed in goals than those who don't.
    I also love the white on white card. You know me! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal,
    I like that word--endure. My best advice to you would be to live in the moment and enjoy your children. All too soon they will be gone and you will wonder where those years went.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...