Thursday, January 19, 2012

Using Paper Piecing for a Card Challenge

It's been quite a while since I made a card for one of the many card challenges offered every week. That is another great way to draw some inspiration if you are having trouble coming up with something on your own.

One of my favorite challenges is on Simply Less is More because it is my style, clean and simple. This week the challenge was to make a one-layer card using little to no embellishments with a bird theme. I actually had a "bird file" of a few cards that I had printed off a long time ago of cards that I liked. It is interesting how styles change. I didn't like the cards anymore, but it did remind me that one of my retired Stampin' Up sets, Fun and Fast Notes, has a bird image.


I used a pink parchment card from a set that I had won,
so I have a matching envelope. 

   I stamped the bird and then paper pieced the body
and flower.
Paper piecing is where you stamp the image on
designer paper, cut out the part you want,
and adhere it onto the paper.
This takes the place of coloring.

The sentiment and the pink slash behind it are two stamps
by Hero Arts.

I used a border embossing folder
on the top and the bottom
and added some silver liquid pearls here and there.
I'm not too sure I like the silver. I would have liked something more subtle,
 or nothing at all.

What do you think?


"Friendship os a strong
and habitual inclination in two
persons to promote the good
and happiness in one another."
--Eustace Budgell

5 comments:

  1. Gosh Donna I haven't stop by for a while HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Cute little bird! Love the DOTS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Donna! Thank you for leaving a lovely comment on my blog :-)

    Beth. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna! Thanks for visiting my blog and signing on to follow...I'm a follower of yours, now, too!

    I love your sweet card...I have that embossing folder, too, and love the way you've used it to frame your sweet bird! Great paper piecing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful card. Embossing always adds interest without making the design over crowded
    Many thanks
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one cute little birdie!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...