Thursday, January 26, 2012

Makeover Card Challenge

Makeover Card Challenge--what's that? It's a challenge where, given a card as an inspiration piece, you run with that idea to make it your own. This Monday's challenge over at Paper Crafter's Library was to make a card inspired by this card created by Lisa Johnson from Poppy Paperie, a talented crafter.


Before I show you my card, let me just say a word about 
You really should check out this website--Andrea and Sophia have
 wonderful paper crafting projects and great pdf. tutorial,
including videos.
Their cards are not too complicated, yet they have style
and creativity. 

So here is what I came up with based on Lisa's inspiration...


I opted for a square card since it worked better to catch all of the
design in the paper, which is the main focal point. I used this paper
because of it's colors--red and aqua, as in Lisa's card. 

I did not want to cover up the pretty scroll work.in the designer paper
with vertical ribbon or twine, so to achieve the effect, I cut the paper
in two places and added a piece of coordinating paper behind it.

The Petite Oval Spellbinder seemed to work best in the spot--
again, so as to not cover up the scroll work.

I really like how it turned out!
It is a card I never would have created on my own had it
not been for Lisa's inspiration and this challenge.

If only all of life's challenges were this fun...(sigh)

What is your latest challenge?
Care to share?

1 comment:

  1. Oh thanks for the link - I adore CASE challenges! Your card turned out marvelous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...