Friday, January 13, 2012

A Hug for You

This was a fun card to make. I did the cutting last night while we were watching
Water for Elephants. Little did I know when I ordered this movie from Netflix
 last week that it would be the recipient of the People's Choice Award for the
 Best Drama Movie. I read the book a few years ago and liked it very much.
They showed the previews for Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. I will have to see
if I can get that on Netflix. If you have not read that book, it is wonderful!!!

The template for this card is from Cardmaking Paradise and you can print it off  HERE.


After I cut it out, I used three papers from a 6 x 6 pack that SU
came out with last year. I love those packs because all the papers coordinate
with each other. I traced the letters on the back side of the paper so
the pencil marks would not show.

I cut a small slit in the fold with my Exacto knife
so I could run the ribbon through it. This allowed you to open the card..

And, did I not have the perfect sentiment for the inside??


If you can't read it, it says,
"This is not an ordinary greeting card,
it's a hug with a fold in the middle."

I love it when a plan comes together!

Edited 2/29--This card was entered in the



Freebie Friday
for this HUG template and others, such
as a Champagne Bottle and Garden Glove.

You have to be member to access many of the files,
but there are several that are free.
Maybe you will want to join for full access.

There's lots of cardmaking tips and tricks--
a wealth of information. 


Giveaway Giveaway Giveaway
To celebrate my one year anniversary of blogging (January 8),
I am giving away a
$25 Amazon gift card--
to be announced next Sunday, January 15.

You will have all week to leave a comment, (any comment)
which will enter you in the drawing.

For each comment you leave, on any post,
starting last Monday,
you will get an entry in the drawing.

If you leave a comment every day through Saturday,
your name will be entered
seven times in the drawing.

If you are an anonymous commenter,
please put your name in the comment
so I will know who you are!
I think that would be one without a google account.

Here is today's question--
What is your favorite movie or book?

6 comments:

  1. I loved "The Help" book and movie. My all time favorite book is "The Shell Seekers".
    Such a cute card. Thanks for sharing the template.
    Hugs,LaNell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card. Love the template.

    And Ghost is My favorite movie.

    hugs, Rita

    My all time favorite good is…..The Velveteen Rabbit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Movie _Serendipity

    msgb245 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun shaped card!! I just love your colors and design! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is so cute!! thanks for joining the shining the light challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is cute, I love your card, and the colours are perfect along with the DSP! thanks for joining us at ODBD shining the light challenge! hugs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...