Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Good Deviled Egg Recipe

I just don't see very many recipes for deviled eggs around, but I have a good one, so I thought I'd share it with you . I think it is from an old Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, but I couldn't swear to that.
I love making deviled eggs for a number of reasons:
  • They are a great appetizer or fill-in dish with any kind of meal. You have to have them at Easter!
  • Men love deviled eggs!
  • Most of the time, you have all of the ingredients on hand, so it is a great go-to recipe.
  • They are inexpensive to make.
  • They are easy to make, even though a lot of people don't like to make them--for some reason.
I am often asked to bring these to a gathering, so they must be good. 


Deviled Eggs

6 eggs
2 T. mayonnaise--heaping
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. prepared mustard
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. salt and pepper, each--or to taste

Boil eggs and peel. I always do a few extra in case I have trouble peeling them. Slice and remove yolks. Combine yolks and all other ingredients in mixer until smooth. Fill eggs. If you want them to be pretty, put the filling in a pastry bag or a ziploc bag with a hole in the corner and then fill. Garnish the top with paprika. Carefully cover and chill in refrigerator  for a few hours or overnight before serving.

Note: For an extra zing, add a bit of horseradish or wasabi, or a mustard that has one of those ingredients in it.

  Giveaway   Giveaway   Giveaway 

To celebrate my one year anniversary of blogging (January 8),
I am giving away a
$25 Amazon gift card--
to be announced next Sunday, January 15.

You will have all week to leave a comment, (any comment)
which will enter you in the drawing.

For each comment you leave, on any post,
starting last Monday,
you will get an entry in the drawing.

If you leave a comment every day through Saturday,
your name will be entered
seven times in the drawing.

If you are an anonymous commenter,
please put your name in the comment
so I will know who you are!
I think that would be one without a google account

Here is today's question...

Do you enjoy cooking?
If so, what types of food do you enjoy making the most?

Have a wonderful one--
Mine's busy!

6 comments:

  1. oh, yummy! Love deviled eggs and your recipe sounds great. We like 'em kinda sweet so I use Gulden's mustard for the spice and some honey to give a little bit of sweet.
    Hope all is well and Happy 2012 to you!
    hugs,
    Sherry (life's simple pleasures...remember me?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to cook when I have a clean kitchen! I tend to enjoy baking the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna,

    We make deviled eggs for our gatherings often. We really like them with sautéed mushrooms. Just add some sauteed mushrooms to your recipe and it gets a new kick. We like it.

    I cook or bake anything anytime, as long as I am in the mood for it. :)))

    Hugs,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, I love deviled eggs and those look delicious.
    I like to make casseroles and freeze 1/2 for later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love deviled eggs, I love making deviled eggs, and everyone loves eating my deviled eggs. I use the very same recipe, except I also add 1 Tbsp. green relish. That adds the sweetness, and pretty little specks of green to the eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ladies,
    It's interesting to hear the variations of this recipe!Thanks for all your contributions.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...