Thursday, January 5, 2012

Finding My Mojo, but in the Meantime.....

Where's My Mojo?
I really am trying to get back into the swing of card-making and paper crafting--after all, that was the original intent of my blog. Because I have interests in many other areas, I have found myself sharing many other types of projects and ideas with you over this past year--I'm sure you are aware of that!

It will soon be my one year blogiversary--January 8--so stay tuned for a
 big giveaway!   
It's one that no matter what your interests are, you will like winning!

In the meantime...
I want to share with you my chili recipe. If I do say so myself, I make--

One Mean Pot of Chili 
1 large onion--chopped
1 lb. ground beef or turkey (this is approximate, can use combination of both kinds of meat--   whatever you prefer  )
2 cans chili beans in zesty tomato sauce
1 can pinto beans with jalapenos
1 lg. can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes (if you like the tomatoes chunky
     use whole or chopped)
1 can tomato soup  +  1 can water
3 T. chili powder
1 T. sugar (to cut acidity)
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Brown onion until soft in olive oil. Remove from pot.
2. Brown meat in olive oil. Drain and add onions back in.
3. Add chili powder, salt, and pepper and stir well. The meat takes up the seasonings better than if adding to liquid.
4. Add 3 cans of beans, tomatoes,  and sugar.  
5. Add tomato soup and water. Season with salt and pepper.
6.  Simmer on low heat for a few hours. It's even better the next day--if there's any left.

That's it. Easy peasy and it turns out great every time!  DON'T substitute the olive oil!



After all, you gotta keep putting meals on the table even
if the craft productivity is low!

I'm taking this recipe to the following link parties:






Awesome Article Alert!

How to Naturally Clean a House After Illness Strikes
With the flu and cold season around the corner,
it never hurts to have this information on hand.
You can find it HERE.

This article will be placed in the Awesome Articles Archives
that you can find at the top of the page for future reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...