Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Collection of Boxes for Sinful Sweets


Giving a gift in a pretty box can be almost as special as the gift itself.
I love having them on hand for that last-minute gift occasion.

  In this collection, the one in the back was made out of two pieces of
12 x 12 inch card stock-weight scrapbook paper.

This is what the inside looks like so you can get a better idea.


It is actually an easy origami box and requires no adhesive or cutting.
The main thing to remember is that you can start with any size squares--
just make the bottom 1/2 inch smaller.
My squares were 12 x 12 for the top and 11-1/2 x 11-1/2 for the bottom.

It looks nice with a piece of tissue paper in it, don't you think?
This is a piece of Martha Stewart's.


I can just visualize it filled with candy or cookies
for a Valentine's gift.
You can find the instructions for making this
Origami Box HERE.


The hydrangea rose pillow box is a free printable template
that you can find  HERE.
(Tip--Just print page 1)


The pillow box opens at each end by scoring
on the curved lines and gently pushing them in.
****Note--I did add a 1/4 inch margin to one of the long sides
 so that there was a way to attach the two sides
when it was folded in half.****


The third box is a simple cube box that measures


1-1/4 inch  x  1-1/4  x  1-1/4.
It is also a free printable template
that you can find HERE.

Tip: When you need a fine-line scoreline, use the back side of your Exacto knife.
That is what I used on these two templates and it worked like a charm.


Giveaway Giveaway Giveaway

To celebrate my one year anniversary of blogging (January 8),
I am giving away a
$25 Amazon gift card--
to be announced next Sunday, January 15.

You will have all week to leave a comment, (any comment)
which will enter you in the drawing.

For each comment you leave, on any post,
starting last Monday,
you will get an entry in the drawing.

If you leave a comment every day through Saturday,
your name will be entered
seven times in the drawing.

If you are an anonymous commenter,
please put your name in the comment
so I will know who you are!
I think that would be one without a google account.

If you are not already a follower,
I would really appreciate it if you would become one!

Here is today's question:

Do you remember any special gift you received as a child
or one that you gave to someone else? 

5 comments:

  1. These are great! Thanks Donna.

    I'm making those definitely, after I come back from my trip to Ukraine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I handknit a dress for my sister shortly after she found out that the adoption was going to be final for her now 8 yr old daughter. They brought my niece home when she was just a bit over a yr. My sister had been through treatment for stage 4 cancer and they had wanted a child and this is how they became a family. She wore the dress to my nieces baptism of which I am her godmother.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...