Karen is known as kdunbrook on Splitcoast Stampers. I have admired her gallery for a long time. Many others to also as her cards never fail to draw numerous comments. Here are 5 reasons why I am so inspired by Karen's gallery:
- Most of the cards that she posts are made for one challenge or another. That IS a challenge, to follow the guidelines laid out, yet she displays creativity, imagination, and variety of style every time.
- She nails it consistently with a clean, crisp look. There is not one card I don't like. I am particularly fond of the large, clear sentiments and the bold images. It may be a stamp from Michael's $ bin that she stamped in bright colors, cut out repeatedly and mounted across the card such as here that makes a statement. Then, on the other hand, it may be a black and white look that is just as pleasing to the eye.
- She doesn't over-do it with layers and embellishments--justs adds what is necessary to compliment the other elements of the card.
- I actually think I could CASE some of of Karen's cards which is inspiring and encouraging. Sometimes I think, "Now why can't I think of that?" like in this card Seeing Spots! What a clever way to make circles!
- Karen explains the process of making her card in clear, concise terms. There are times when I wish she would go into a little more detail for someone like me who is "stampingly challenged" and wants to be like her, but most of the time, I "get it." You can see every detail because photography is obviously another one of her talents. I even look forward to seeing what background she is going to use to compliment her lovely card of the day.
Karen is from Ontario, Canada and runs a daycare business out of her home. She has a house full of little people and has a very busy life, but somehow she finds the time to create these wonderful pieces. When she does, she says that she actually feels she has accomplished something. I urge you to visit her gallery and enjoy her 436 works of art to date! Thanks Karen for inspiring me.