Sunday, December 18, 2011

Homemade Emeril's Essence

Are you looking for a last-minute homemade gift that  is easy to put together and doesn't require baking or craftmanship?  These would be great stocking stuffers for cooks!

I've got one for you--and it's useful and unique! 


Emeril's Essence

2-1/2 T. paprika
2 T. salt
2 T. garlic powder
1 T. pepper
1 T. onion powder
1 T. cayenne pepper
1 T. dried oregano
1 T. dried thyme

Mix all ingredients together and put in bottles. 

For these five bottles, I quadrupled the recipe. You can find containers at a dollar Store, World Market, Hobby Lobby, a kitchen store, or Ikea. (Recycle during the year.) The two with the silver top are from the Dollar Store.

I bought my spices at Smart & Final in large containers for price effectiveness. But I would suggest only doing this if you were going to make a large amount as spices do have a shelf life.

The label, done in Microsoft Publisher, says:
Use as a rub for pork & beef ribs, chicken, roast pork & beef, fish, grilled veggies. Use to season bread crumbs, mac & cheese, fried onion rings, french fries, soups, deviled eggs, omelets, stews, salads, dips, potatoes & pasta.
Ingredients: (list)

I attached the label using clear wide packing tape.

Disclaimer--I got this recipe off of the internet so I have not stolen Emeril's secret combination!
However, I have never compared it to the "real thing," so I don't really know if it tastes just like it!

I especially like to add it to the flour when I am making oven-fried chicken. 

I'm taking this project to some link parties this week.
Come visit to see tons of other great ideas shared from all across blogland!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...