Monday, December 12, 2011

An Anniversary Clear Ornament Gift


Our son and daughter-in-law are celebrating their sixth wedding anniversary
on December 15th. I know they don't need more ornaments for their tree,
 but I couldn't resist making them this one.

I took their wedding invitation and cut it in horizontal strips,
 making sure I had a line of script on each piece.
The strips were rolled around a pencil and put inside a clear round
ornament. It was a large ball, (four in a pack from Michael's) so I used some
white sparkly gift wrapping ribbon,
also curled, to help fill it up. I worked the strips around with a skewer to
get as much of the script showing as possible.

I printed their wedding date on white ribbon, using this tutorial
that I wrote back in October.
(I had made one for a wedding couple's first Christmas.)
Some maroon and silver ribbon
added the final embellishment.

I wish I had a little bit of the sand from the beach where they got
married to put in the bottom of the ornament.  
It was a beautiful sunset wedding on the big island of Hawaii.  
That would have been a fun touch!

I'm taking this project to the following link parties:
Positively Splendid
Embellishing Life Everyday
Under the Table and Dreaming

Other clear ornament projects from talented crafters:


Santa's Belly Ornament



Swirled Wire and Chain Ornament



Photo Ornament



Pearl Ornament



Nativity Ornament


Find their tutorials by clicking on their blog's name. 
Do any of these give you an idea you can use?

Have a lovely day!

We're getting wonderful rain here in the Phoenix area,
which probably means snow in the high country.

3 comments:

Dana Grothaus said...

WOW, that is such a cool idea and it turned out beautifully. I'll have to keep that in mind for a wedding or bridal shower gift!

Anonymous said...

love the anniversary ornament idea and i thankfully do have a bag of sand from the beach where my son & daughter in law got married - used it the 1st year, but not a bad idea to include it on the milestone years. Thanks!!
Pat J

Jessa Irene said...

Such a great keepsake! Wonderful idea. I am sure they love it. Thanks for joining the party. Pinning and tweeting this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...