Friday, November 11, 2011

What the Heck Are Fractals?

Wikipedia defines a fractal as:
A Geometric pattern that is repeated at ever smaller scales to produce irregular shapes and surfaces that cannot be represented by classical geometry.

That's about as clear as mud to someone like me who is not mathematically inclined. All I know is that they are pretty fluid shapes that I stumbled upon a while ago. If you goggle "fractal galleries" you can find some beautiful photograpy such as this one.

I have no idea how they are produced, but the colors and designs are so beautiful that I decided to see what I could do with them on a card. I chose one that was not totally solid in color and printed  it on a transparency. I stamped an image that I thought would work behind it--one that was solid enough to show though the fractal. I stamped that in black on white card stock and mounted the transparency over it for an interesting effect.






Freebie Friday
Thanksgiving isn't far off so here are some holiday printables.


I Am Thankful tags from Jones Design Company


Several place cards, favors, Mayflower centerpiece by Martha Stewart


A whole collection by Kind Over Matter

Fun coloring pages by Parents Magazine

Reminder--Besides being Veteran's Day, it is 11-11-11.
Las Vegas wedding chapels are super busy and
 lottery sales are expected to go off the charts!
What about you?
 Are you superstitious and doing anything out of the ordinary?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...