Friday, November 25, 2011

Steps to a Juicy, Moist Turkey

I apologize to my Feedbliz subscribers if you have not been receiving email updates. I am trying to find out what the problem is.

How was your Thanksgiving? How did your turkey turn out.? If it was dry, you might try this  suggestion next time. My husband came up with this technique and swears by it. Several of our friends have tried his steps for a moist, juicy turkey and have had success also.

  • Stuff the cavity with citrus--halves of grapefruit and oranges, also onion, garlic, apple, fresh herbs such as sage, rosemary, basil, thyme, tarragon--whatever you have.
  • Salt and pepper outside; put in foil pan.
  • Cook on outside gas grill. Turn on outside burners to 325 degrees and middle one same, adjusting middle one as needed. Do not cover with foil until it is sufficiently browned. Baste periodically.  I am sure you could do this in the oven also.
We have done several turkeys this way now and each one has turned out great.

Freebie Friday

Get organized for Christmas with this selection of printables HERE 



Vintage calendar 2012 at Crafty Secrets



Christmas Gift-Giving Printables by HowDoesShe

1 comment:

  1. I have to try this for Christmas, my sister uses an apple (not sure how many) but I never heard of using citrus. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...