Monday, November 7, 2011

I'm Back and Unpacked!

Hi Everyone--We had a wonderful  7-day cruise from Boston to Portland and Bar Harbor, Maine on up to St. John's and Halifax, Canada. The only problem was that we then got caught in the big Saturday snow storm driving from Boston to New Jersey as we planned on spending a few days with our son and DIL before heading home to AZ. It was harrowing, to say the least!

But we're home now and settled back into our routines. While I'm thinking of it, I do have a few TRAVEL TIPS:  
  1. Start a list as soon as you get home of the items you forgot or would want include on the next trip. Put it someplace you will remember to check prior to your next rip. I put mine in my Rolodex under T.
  2. Cruise items--Even though I don't normally wear a watch, I would have liked to have had one, since I did not have my cell phone. There are not many clocks on the ship, and if you're off the ship, you need to keep track of the time.
  3. It's nice to have a canvas bag or tote to carry your items in such as: a book, camera, sea pass (ID card and key for room), glasses, lipstick, sweater, etc.  
  4. If you depend on a curling iron, take a few velcro rollers along in case your curling iron breaks and you are someplace that you won't be able to replace it. It happened to me!
  5. I never travel without Immodium AD!  
The Versatile Blogger Award
Upon my return, I learned that I was the recipient of The Versatile Blogger Award from
                                             Decorating with CENTS. 



My prime objective in blogging is to share ideas and projects that I hope other women will find interesting, so I am honored to be recognized by a fellow blogger for my efforts. Blogging has opened up a wonderful network of creative women who are so eager and generous in sharing their ideas, and I am happy to be a part of it. Thank you to Sherry at Decorating with CENTS--make sure you check out her blog.. She turns junk into treasures and decorates more for less with her kitchen and pillow makeovers, window treatments, and floral and furniture arrangements. She is one of my followers and I always appreciate her kind comments, as I do from any of you. It means so much, especially for a new blogger who is trying to find her place among this vast world of extremely talented and energetic women!
                                                
                                  The rules for those who receive 
The Versatile Blogger Award 
are as follows:


1. Thank and link back to the person who gave the award to you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Send it along to 15 other bloggers and let them know you have awarded them

    7 things about myself--well--here goes:
  1. I grew up in Oak Park, IL but got "transplanted" to a farm in central IL when I married my husband who unexpectedly went back to farm with his brother because of family circumstances.  We lived there 16 years before moving to AZ.
  2. I love to watch people dance and would love to take dance lessons but my husband isn't too thrilled with the idea. I also love to listen to good karioke. (no participation though!)
  3. Besides crafting, I love to play mah jongg and give mah jongg lessons too.
  4. I love Jujubes and red licorice.
  5. I am terribly afraid of being in water over my head--and snakes.
  6. I am very nostalgic. Our children are 36 and 37 and every day I wish that they were little again.
  7. I am trying to remember to thank God every day for His many blessings after recently reading--"What if you only had today what you thanked God for yesterday?"
I would like to pass on THE VESATILE BLOGGER AWARD to:


Do yourself a favor and visit these blogs.
These ladies have so much to offer! 

See you tomorrow with handmade cards that I received for my birthday.


7 comments:

  1. Donna, welcome back. I'm happy you had a wonderful cruise - thanks for the helpful travel tips and your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!

    Thanks for the travel tips, I'm sure they'll come handy. Thank you very much for passing the award on to my little blog. I'm just a starter, but your recognition is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Trip sounds fun with exception of the snow!! Thanks for the award!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a good time on your trip, thanks for the award Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back, Girlie! Thanks so much for the award! That is so sweet of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for passing this award on to me! I loved reading your post!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks once again Donna for awarding us the Versatile Blogger Award. It was a lovely surprise & we are really humbled by it.
    www.sunnychallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...