- Choose large, ripe strawberries. Ream out the centers--I used a melon baller and it worked great. Do not go to the bottom.
- Slice off the bottoms so that they will stand up. Turn them onto a paper towel to drain.
- Boil 1 cup water and combine with 1 small package of strawberry jello. Once the jello is dissolved, take off the heat and add 1 cup limoncello.
- Put the strawberries on a cookie sheet and carefully fill with the jello mixture. I found that a small funnel helped. I also found that it helped to work near the refrigerator since the strawberries have a tendency to fall over.
- Carefully place in refrigerator until firm. You can add more jello as it tends to settle.
- When ready to serve, wet the rims and dip in lemon drop cocktail sugar.
Linking up to The 36th Avenue last party of the year--2011!