Tuesday, November 15, 2011

How to Make Strawberry Limoncello Jello Shots

These started out to be strawberry margarita jello shots, but my husbard suggested I try making them with my homemade limoncello instead. I'll save that tutorial for another day. I think they turned out even better!


  1. Choose large, ripe strawberries. Ream out the centers--I used a melon baller and it worked great. Do not go to the bottom.
  2. Slice off the bottoms so that they will stand up. Turn them onto a paper towel to drain.
  3. Boil 1 cup water and combine with 1 small package of strawberry jello. Once the jello is dissolved, take off the heat and add 1 cup limoncello.
  4. Put the strawberries on a cookie sheet and carefully fill with the jello mixture. I found that a small funnel helped. I also found that it helped to work near the refrigerator since the strawberries have a tendency to fall over.
  5. Carefully place in refrigerator until firm. You can add more jello as it tends to settle.
  6. When ready to serve, wet the rims and dip in lemon drop cocktail sugar.     
Linking up to The 36th Avenue  last party of the year--2011!

6 comments:

  1. I am speechless! LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea!!! WIll be making these soon!! Grown up twist to the jello shot! ;)

    :)

    Gaylene

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound so nice! So cute with the strawberries as cups. I'll be giving this one a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Stopping by from tip junkie! This is such a great idea.. Im going to use it for my friends baby shower coming up.. minus the alcohol though. hehe I would love for you to link this up to my Friday link party tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I need ideas for my friend's cocktail-themed bachelorette and would love to add this to the shot menu! Will pin it :-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are seriously the cutest things! They would be perfect for a Christmas party or even Valentines! I love the color. :)
    Thanks for linking up to Strut Your Stuff Saturday! We hope that you will come back tomorrow and share more of you amazing ideas!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff
    PS I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this recipe and its post is very helpful me. I have to say that for the last few of hours i have been hooked by the impressive articles on this website. Keep up the wonderful work and if you want more info about this topic then Visit here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...