Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Creating Christmas Invitations Using Microsoft Publisher

One of my friends asked me to make invitations for their Christmas party again this year, so that is what I have been working on. I am happy to say that they are in the mail and everyone should receive theirs today!

I have used Microsoft Publisher over the years for my real estate newsletters and any other documents that required text boxes and printing. I found this program extremely computer-friendly--the boxes are so easy to move and re-size. It is easy to add clip art, pictures, and borders also. This is what I came up with this year.

  I decided to go with a flat card, 5 x 7 inches. 
I used a pre-made card, ran it through the printer, then cut it in half, 
and cut the printed side 1/4 inch larger than the border.
 Next I stamped the ornament (Penny Black) in Versamark
and embossed  it in Fire Opal Gold. There is a sparkle to it even though it does
 not show up in this picture. The bough is by Hero Arts stamped
with Staz-On Forest Green.
The string was drawn with a Sakura gelly roll pen.
The card is layered on My Mind's Eye designer paper.
For a  finishing touch, I added fine white glitter by The Rubber Cafe
 to the bough.

As a surprise, I decided to line the envelopes--I hope she likes them!
I really think it adds a lot!


" 'Friendship' said Christopher Robin,
'is a very comforting thing to have.' "
-A.A. Milne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...