Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Card-Making Continues

I realized that on Monday what I really meant to ask was--"Are you making Christmas cards this year? Because, you may be sending cards but not making them which is perfectly ok too.

Remember the sunflower shutter card I showed you a few months ago? Here's one using patterned paper. 


This is a standard 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 card, each piece scored on the sides at
 1/2 inch and 1 inch.
I used Labels 2 to cut out the middle, then two sizes smaller to create the frame.
The frame is popped up, carefully placed so the pattern lines ups.
The round sentiment is from a retired Stampin' Up set.
 I put Scor-It tape on the 1/2 inch sides and bent the folds to
creae the shutter effect.
The only problem with this card is that there is no place to write,
so this would be fine if you were doing a Christmas letter to include.   

I used the same paper to create the next card and the stamp set I used
on Monday. By the way, it is called Big on Christmas and retired from
 Stampin' Up after last year.


The card base is one by DCWV. Yeah for using up another one.
I don't think I will ever make it through my stash, but I'll keep trying!  
The card is pretty self-explanatory, but here's a tip.

If you purchase a package of pre-made embellishments,
like the scalloped border on this card (turqoiuse originally),
and you want to change the color, just run it over an ink pad.
The color just has to be a little bit darker to cover. 

Speaking of snow--or cold
If you live in a part of the country where you have to contend with these winter
conditions, do you know how to:
--ice-proof your car windows
--prevent your car doors from freezing shut
--de-ice your frozen car door lock
??????

If not or you need a reminder, here's a good article for you.

This article will be placed in the archives of AWESOME ARTICLES.
In the future, just click on that tab at the top of this page to find this
and other informative material.   

2 comments:

  1. You can steal any idea you want! I probably stole it from someone else!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...