Monday, November 28, 2011

Are You Sending Christmas Cards?

I believe that those email subscribers who have not been receiving notifications the past few weeks are again receiving them. I hope that you will browse back through the latest posts and see if there is anything that might interest you. Thank you for sticking by me. I appreciate all of you so very much!

Some crafters have been working on Christmas cards all year long, but I am not one of them. I am just now thinking about them --now that Thanksgiving has past. Although mass production would go faster, I get bored making very many of the same design. So I will be showing you several different cards, some of which I will make four to -six of, some just two. I find that it takes very little extra effort to make one more, so I usually make a minimum of two. If I hate it, that first one gets trashed. Why bother?

I still had my Penny Black stamp out that I used for the invitations that I made, so this time I inked it up three times with the Royal Satin Kaleidacolor
 (remember those?), choosing a slightly different spot on the pad each time for variation.
I used the same Hero Arts bough and adorned it with some fine glitter.
The strings are made with a gold spica pen, and the card is layered on a blue/black marbelized
glossy paper.
Sentiment by PaperTrey--embossed in gold. 

Image--3-3/4 x 5 (cut longer to allow for scallop)
Blue--4-1/4 x 5-3/4
Card base--4-5/8 x 6-/3/8





Christmas plaid is so traditional and one of my favorites,
so I never run out of this paper!
Embossing folders can be your best friend to help 
you create a simple yet attractive card--
this is the Swirls, one of the first and most versatile, in my opinion. 
The stamp is from a three-piece stamp set by Stampin' Up.
I stamped the Christmas tree again on green and popped it up,
added some glitter with Stickles, which can also be very helpful
in adding some bling, especially at this time of year. 

The slot punch provides the way for the ribbon to pass
through the card stock. It is often just the width that you need! 

Image--2-1/4 x 4
Gold glossy--2-1/2 x 4-1/4
Background--3-1/2 x 6 
Card base--4-3/4 x 6-1/4


Have your creative juices started flowing yet?



2 comments:

  1. Donna, these cards are great! I have been making some Christmas cards for the last couple of weeks and I think my Holiday muse is running away :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card donna...love those baubles...thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...