Sunday, October 16, 2011

What Are YOU Doing to Get in the Halloween Mood?

Halloween has become a very commercialzed holiday. The retailers certainly have capitalized on what used to be a simple "Trick or Treat" night and turned it into the second most profitable holiday. I think that adults love it as much, if not more than children!

Dressing up as someone else for this one occasion really appeals to some people. I guess it is because they don't have to be accountable for their silliness, for once. It never did much for me, even though my birthday is on Halloween. The best part for me was making the homemade costumes for my two children. Now that was fun!

If I were having a Halloween party, I think these free Halloween party printables would be just the ticket to help set a spooktacular mood!  April of  Second Sister entitled them "The Witchs Larder" and created them for your personal use.

They include cupcake wrappers and flags, straw sliders,

apothecary labels, menu cards, a vintage banner,

 and much more.

She has shown us how they can be used in

creative ways to make a great tablescape

and party scene.

I'm sure you can take her ideas and run with them

to give them your own twist.


Are you in need of Halloween invitations or cards?  Take a look at the variety from Parents.com here.

And of course you can always count on Martha Stewart for a wide array of Clip Art and Templates for Halloween Decorations. There is everything from spiderwebs to candy jar treat labels to scary silhouettes lurking in your windows, but one of my favorites is this staircase template!




What are YOU doing to get in the Halloween mood?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...